Keep the slip and slide for the backyard by utilizing these eight tips on how to avoid a slip/trip and fall accident while at work.
- take your time when doing tasks that require you to be mobile;
- walk with your feet pointed slightly outward if traveling on a wet or slick surface;
- use a flashlight if you are walking in a dark area;
- if you are carrying or pushing an object, make sure it does not block your path of vision;
- clean up spills immediately;
- secure cords and loose flooring;
- wear the proper footwear for your occupation or task; and
- place signs in hazardous areas.
Keeping these in mind can help keep your workplace accident free and you on your two feet free of injury.