Strengthen your family’s bond and health in 2013 with these New Year’s Resolutions that the whole family can get in on:
- have a family game/movie/dinner night at least one night a week;
- commit to turning the TV off one night per week (this means watching movies on your computer, too);
- plan one outdoor activity one weekend a month;
- replace one meal a week with a meat-less entree;
- have everyone in the family pitch into a “piggy bank” for a treat at the end of the year;
- have mom and dad take a “date night” at least once a month;
- have each member of the family start a “gratitude journal” and write down something they are thankful for each day.
Increasing family time and getting away from electronics every once in a while can be a great way to spend time as a family and promote healthy habits.