With the warm summer months, people are spending more time outside. While activities like biking or having a BBQ can be enjoyable, they can also end up causing serious injuries if negligent behavior is taking place. This is the time of year when the ER department tends to be at its busiest. Remember, if you’re seriously injured by someone else’s careless actions, speak with a New York personal injury attorney about your legal options.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission offers 10 ways to avoid a trip to the ER this summer:
- install window guards to prevent a child from falling out;
- wear safety gear when biking, skating, skateboarding, riding a scooter or ATV (especially helmets);
- keep picnic coolers, freezers, and iceboxes in campers locked so children don’t crawl inside and become trapped;
- put a protective barrier around your pool, closely supervise children in and near the pool and install a pool alarm;
- closely supervise children on trampolines;
- never use a charcoal grill inside;
- when children are playing soccer, make sure the goal is anchored securely;
- check for gas leaks in your grill (air tubes can become blocked and hoses can be damaged);
- use faceguards when playing baseball; and
- make sure the ground underneath playground equipment has at least nine inches of mulch or wood chips.
Contacting a New York Personal Injury Attorney
At Gacovino Lake & Associates we have formed a dedicated network of personal injury attorneys that serve clients nationwide. Our New York office serves residents of the five boroughs with their auto accident, medical malpractice, defective drug, premises liability, and workers’ compensation claims. For help with your personal injury claim, contact us today at 800-246-4878.